Beauty is something that many ladies are pursuing in regardless of era. As for me, I had issues with my droopy tired eyes and chubby cheeks. This was an area that I tried endless types of cream, treatments in attempt to lift and make my face look slimmer and not much could be done for my drooping eyes with products. My earlier attempt was with Exilis which I did for 4 sessions kindly sponsored by 8 Medical Aesthetics which helped to tone and improve the texture of my face.
To continue with my quest for slimmer face and, I attempted reading up of ways besides the fastest method of botox and filler as I am currently still not very comfortable with that though many have tried with proven results.
I done loads of homework before I decided that Young Shine Clinic would be my choice. I would say that for aesthetic choices, you could have many locations like the ever popular Korea, Thailand or even Malaysia. Since its a paid work trip, and being a Taiwan lover for its food, shopping, environment and needless to say the people that made loads of difference. The hospitality warmth from Taiwanese alongside with Chinese language was a huge reason why I chose Young Shine Clinic after researching from its online reviews and communication with Dr Tsai who’s a very professional and knowledgable doctor.
I was very lucky to be able to interview Dr Tsai Yi Chen based on a layman point query in threadlift.
Interview With Dr Tsai Yi Chen, Founder of Young Shine Clinic
1) Based on my features, what was recommended and why?
Problem: Drooping Eyelids, the curve of Upper eyelids Sag, Heavy cheeks
Recommendation: Treatments to lift eyes and cheeks to make you look younger and less tired. Theadlift and HIFU done.
2) There are different kinds of threadlift in the market. What kind of threadlift is available in your clinic? How does the threadlift melt/disappear from the face?
The materials of threads in the Taiwan markets are PDO, PLLA, and polypropylene. Only absorbable threads such as PDO are available in my clinic, consider safety reasons and to avoid unwanted long term sequelae.
After the threads are placed into the skin, they are “digests” by our cells and some white blood cells will surround and melting the thread, help in collagen and elastin formation.
When cheeks are too heavy, needs barbed thread.
3) What are the pros/cons?
Pros: Most effective way to diminish perioral mound, natural effect, cost effective
Cons: a little bit painful, need to touch up half year or 1 year later, sometimes need to trim the buried thread a little bit after treatment.
4) How long can threadlift last?
At least 1 year.
5) How do we maintain it so that it could last longer?
HIFU (High Intense Focused Ultrasound), Botox, Filler, Sculptra or PRP can be done to maintain the effect, you should consult the professional aesthetic doctor for more advice.
6) Is there any health conditions whereby threadlift is not advisable?
Health conditions with issues in delay wound healing during infection or not well-controlled diabetes are not recommended to do threadlift.
7) Is that a limit to how many times threadlift could be done?
No, unless the treated area is too tight.
8) Pre/Post care instructions
- Try to avoid or reduce caffeine and nicotine prior to your procedure.
- Avoid Vitamin E, Fish oil, and green tea for 10 days before and after the procedure.
- If you are on anti-inflammatories or Asprin please inform the Doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol for 48 hours pre and post-procedure.
- If you are taking anti-coagulant or blood platelet anti-aggregation drugs please advise the Clinic.
- Smokers tend to heal a little slower than non-smokers. You may be recommended Vitamin C.
- For the first 48 hours after procedure apply cold compresses on the areas treated. Remember, no pressure is to be exerted on the face. The compresses should only be placed gently on the areas where the threads have been implanted.
- Immediately after the procedure, and for at least 24 hours reduce‘frequent speaking’ and ‘excessive laughter’. Excessive speaking and laughter can increase unwanted facial movements.
- Antibiotic therapy is necessary post-procedure.
- It is recommended that you consume soft, warm food so that your mouth only opens a small amount for 7 days.
- Avoid very hot drinks.
- Do not pull your face down.
- No smoking if possible.
- No drinking with straws as this distorts the facial muscles.
- Do not use make up for 3 days.
- Hold face with your hands if crying, laughing, coughing or sneezing to avoid excessive use of facial muscles.
- No strenuous exercise for at least 14 days. Light exercise (eg. Walking) is OK, but if you have any doubt please discuss with Doctor.
Pre treatment photos were taken…
Noticed my tired and droopy eyes and my heavy cheeks.
Numb cream was applied to my face and left on for 30mins.
How do I look? Halloween “obasan?” LOL!
I was then placed on a saline drip with medicine to reduce the swell after the treatment as I had events right after the trip.
Before starting, the treated area was being sterilise before injecting the threads with needles.
After the threadlift was completed, it was then followed up with HIFU to further lift up the side of my cheeks.
This was how I looked right after the 1.5 hour treatment. you could see visible marks left by the needles which would heal in a couple of days with the cream and anti-inflammatory medication given.
I was sober throughout the whole session with Dr Tsai and her assistant constantly talking to me to distract me from looking at the needles and the pain. Its tough trying hard not to laugh during some funny moments while talking to them.
I chose the least possible amount of anaesthetic injection on my face as I prefer as little chemicals into my face possible. Dr Tsai also mentioned that if its used sparingly, the swell level would be lower too. I would need to avoid seafood, spicy and alcohol until its fully recovered. My facial expression was very much restricted for a start as I could still feel the threads with any facial movements. Cold compress advisable to reduce the swelling.
I did a side by side comparison. The before photo shows my droopy tired eyes and saggy cheeks. Right after the treatment, the face was slightly swollen due to the procedure. The results could be seen best one month after. I was unable to show the one month later photo as I was have a cut inflammation at that time.
Comparing with the 1st and 3rd photo, the 3rd photo showed a much more balanced lifted eyes and cheeks. I also observed that my skin texture improved due to the threads helping in the collagen and elastin formation.
Huge thank you to Dr Tsai Yi Chen, Founder of Young Shine Clinic for performing the procedure personally for me. Forgive me if I was looking weird in this photo as I was not supposed to be have big expressions right after. An approachable and professional doctor! Thank you for helping me!
Young Shine Clinic (Near Zhongshan Mrt Exit 1)
Address: 北市大同區南京西路30號3樓之3, Taipei, Taiwan 104
Mon:11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Tue:11:00 am – 5:30 pm
Wed-Fri:11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sat:11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Appointment: 02 2556 5226